miércoles, 3 de noviembre de 2010

What's important in life

From David Deubel comes this lesson that can help us revise some structures to express our preferences.

Self-study activity:
Get together with an English-speaking friend and discuss this question.

What's the key to a great life? Look at the picture and express your ideas. Give reasons for your choice.

In my opinion, the most important thing for me is XXXX because XXXX
In my view ...
Personally speaking ...

To express your preferences you can use these structures.

I prefer having good health to having money because ...
I would prefer to have a confident personality best of all because ...
I'd (I would) rather have a good job than (have) good looks because ...

Listen to Dr. Frankl speak about what is most important to him. Do you agree?  What is your purpose in life? Can you imagine it?